Sunday, February 8, 2015

Getting Back to Blogging

Whew, it's been a while. But like the old saying goes, 'life is what happens when you're making other plans.' 

My family has been plagued with some health issues, unfortunately, in the last couple of years. Just a year & a half ago I thought I was dying-- on my birthday, no less. I actually give a more detailed account of the story here: The Real Power of Prayer. Recuperation has not been a smooth road; there have been a lot of ups and downs. 

But things really got out of whack for me when my husband came down with an illness-- which I prefer not to go into because it's not my right to write about his personal issues. But suffice it to say, it's somewhat serious, but he'll (probably) survive it, and we've taken the matter in hand together.

I did decide to limit my internet time to devote more effort toward our relationship, our kids, and our health issues.  Now that we've all got a better grip on those things, life is returning back to normal (or maybe a new normal for us that I'm getting used to). Anyway, I hope to dive back into my regular posting here. 

I have to admit, I felt a bit guilty for not keeping up with my blogs and websites. I didn't want to be a quitter, or someone who started things and didn't finish them. But then, I realized, it was time to prioritize-- and when you do that, sometimes things have to get bumped off the list.

And by taking a hiatus, I noticed that coming back, feeling refreshed and renewed, is a bit like spring awakening after hibernation. I'm feeling more refreshed now, and ready to go again. 

Going through trials and hardships are a strange time. I find that, oddly, it's when I begin to appreciate life the most. I've had a lot of thoughts, ideas, inspirations, questions and what-not coming and going through my mind. Maybe exploring it here can help me with the processes of healing and dealing. If nothing else, these experiences have reminded me of what an important part that my spirituality plays in my life. 

My Tip for You Today: 

Think about it: are you ready for a reawakening? 



Is it time for you to pick up a stalled project and try again? 
Tell us about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment