Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tips for Living Wicca: Forgive Someone

Forgiveness is divine... oh, wait. That's another religion. 

Well, I agree with it anyway-- forgiveness; it's a beautiful thing. 

It can be hard to forgive... a lot of times we'll think a person doesn't deserve forgiveness. But forgiveness isn't for the other person; it's for ourselves. 

Forgiveness is the first step in healing, in letting go, in moving on. The longer you retain your grudges, the longer you wallow in that pain and get stuck in that negativity. 

Yes you were wronged, and maybe it wasn't your fault at all, but the fact that you let it continue to be an issue in your life is your choice. 

My Tip for You Today: Forgive. If you're holding a grudge, forgive someone.

Forgiveness is the first step to help you accept what has happened and move on. Forgiveness sets you free. Do as Elsa did-- learn to Let It Go. 

I think I hear someone out there. "But what someone did to me is reeeaaaaaaallllllyyyyy bad, I can never forgive them."

I know that feeling. There have been things people did to me that I thought I'd never forgive either. Bad things-- like sexually abusing me as a child, or outright emotional and physical child abuse. Yeah, really bad things. But I forgave- not for the culprits, but for myself- and I was able to become whole again. The scars are still there, but they're not as bad as they used to be, and I am not as focused on them. I've made peace with my past, because I was able to forgive. 

Remember, forgiveness doesn't mean the person deserves your trust, respect, or to have you in their lives. Sometimes forgiveness means letting bygones be bygones and rekindling the relationship, but sometimes it means setting a relationship back, or letting it go altogether. 

So you can forgive, but still come to the conclusion that the relationship is irreparable, or that the person is toxic and you're not interested in making yourself vulnerable again. Forgiveness doesn't mean you become a doormat and lay down. Forgive, but don't forget and be stupid about it.

Learn to let go so the pain of that instance doesn't weigh you down your whole life like an anchor. Forgive and go forward. 



Do you have a hard time letting go? 


No comments:

Post a Comment