Monday, May 5, 2014

About This Blog: On Being Wicca, and on Helping New Wiccans

More than 25 years ago, I first began learning about Wicca and Paganism in general, and I've been interested in spirituality, Witchcraft and magic even longer than that. I remember when I first joined my coven... both my High Priest and High Priestess had 25 to 30 years experience behind them, and they offered a lot of free services for the local Pagan community (beyond our coven). Someone who was once surprised their services were free asked they why they were doing this... and they simply replied that it was time for them to give back

I think now, I feel like I've gotten to a point in my life, and in my spiritual practice, when it's time for me to give back

Unfortunately, I'm not very active in the local Pagan community where my family now lives (1,200 miles away from my old coven, which I miss so much). I never got as fully involved in the Pagan community here; I enjoy going to open gatherings but I never found a coven or a tight-knit friendship; I found more of a home in my kids' homeschooling co-ops and in our UU church. Now in recent years my health issues and inability to get around as much have made me slow down quite a bit. I am also devoting more time to my career because my kids are older now and don't need me on top of them as much. 

The Internet, then, seems to be the best way to give back. I also want to continue to open myself to learning from others, both the experienced and the inexperienced. It's amazing what we can all learn from each other. 

I've been thinking about how I want to approach this blog. I know a lot of people write some great blogs on Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft and all related topics, and they go into some pretty fabulous in-depth posts on certain issues, or they open themselves and share their lives.

I have decided that the way I would like to approach this is with something very simple-- something anyone interested can read quickly on the go. 

I do write more in-depth articles for teaching Wicca and Witchcraft, which you can read at my Hubpages account. If those articles are a 'course' in a meal, consider these blog posts here your amuse-bouche -- just a little bite to chew on for the day.

Please comment so I know you're out there. 
Please subscribe if you think I can help.
And please share if you think it can help others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment