Thursday, May 8, 2014

Tips for Living Wicca: Be Assertive

I remember a time when it was very hard for me to be assertive and go after what I wanted. I was wishy-washy. I waited for things to happen for me with hope in my heart, and if something didn't happen I'd hang my head in disappointment and cry into my pillow. 

When I first became Wiccan, I touted the Rede and the Threefold Law, as if that was the extent of Wicca's tenets. It was later that I learned the Rede and the Threefold Law are advice/lessons, but no where near the most important ones in this religion. They're good advice, but they lack any real depth. 

A key tenet in Wicca too often overlooked is personal responsibility. Our lives are our responsibility, and it's up to us to make them what we want them to be. That means being pro-active rather than being reactive. It means taking action instead of just being hopeful. 

Since I've taken the reigns in my life, things have really improved. 

My Tip for You Today:

Assert yourself-- if not today, then soon. Ask for the promotion or raise, go apply for the dream job or make that deal you've been hoping to make: the business loan, the mortgage, the car you want to buy, etc. Pushing yourself comes naturally to some people, but not to everyone. If you have difficulty, you should know that the next few days are particularly potent for business deals, but ONLY for those who take initiative.  

Think about your life, and how you are in charge of it. You're the manager-- now what can you do to make it run more smoothly? 





Do you have trouble asserting yourself? Tell us about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment